Our calling is to take initiatives for needy and marginalized in India and restore them to confident living.
Luke 18:16 is our guide, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God.”
* 1989: Dr. Ananthi Jebasingh answers the knock on her door of a begging child. God speaks to her and tells her to feed, teach and love him. One week later the boy returns with 25 children wanting to attend the “school”.
* 1990: The mission has a humble beginning in a home garage with 100 students.
* 1991: School grows to hold 600 children in four rooms of a slum toilet complex.
* 1998: Tourists from the U.S. unexpectedly visited the school and their hearts were changed forever.
* 2004: FoTGS was incorporated as a U.S. non-profit to fund and grow the school; first Director was hired.
* 2005: With involvement from U.S. partners, a new, first-rate facility was completed.
* 2008: Fourth school year commenced in the new facility with 850 students.
*2011: First graduating class is sent out to pursue college or a career.
*2015: 12th school year begins with 2000 students enrolled. 350 children graduated to become the change-makers of India.
Watch a short history of our school and our stories!