The rules, regulations, and codes of conduct of Good Samaritan School are formulated to aim for high academic standards, to enforce good discipline and to develop the character of the students to be highly productive citizens of the land. It gives ample rights to the students to enjoy, while at the same time expects from all stakeholders to honour the responsibilities that come along with the rights.
Rules and regulations concerning appropriate student behavior are expected to be followed with respect. School disciplinary regulations ensure equitable treatment for all students and provide a safe and healthy teaching and learning environment.
School personnel are obliged to ensure the constitutional rights of individual students and to protect the privilege of students to attend school and school-sponsored events free of illegal activities.
Students are expected to attend school and all classes regularly and to be punctual. There is a significant relationship between regular attendance and academic achievement. Regular attendance assists students in the development of self-discipline and good work habits. These habits generally remain with the students as they enter the world of work. It is essential to teach the benefits of these and encourage good attendance and punctuality during a student’s schooling periods. Regular attendance is a shared responsibility by the community, home, students, and school, all working together to the fullest extent possible.
- Every student must have a Student’s Diary. The diary should be brought to school daily. The contents of the Diary are to be thoroughly read and understood by the students and their parents or guardians. For this reason, all important details are given in English and Hindi. The Diary has to be filled and signed by the student’s parents in all appropriate places.
- The parents are to check the Diary every day, take note of teacher comments or instructions and sign wherever necessary.
- The students are expected to attend school regularly, bring all books and copy-notes according to time-table, complete the homework every day, wear proper uniform and come to school 15 minutes before morning assembly.
- If the student is absent or late for the class, necessary entries are to be made in the Diary by the parent and the student cannot enter his class without the Principal’s signature in the “Absence Record” or “Late Attendance Record.”
- The students are not supposed to go out of the school campus during the school hours without the permission of the Principal.
- The students are not allowed to bring costly items or money to the school. The school is not responsible for the loss of goods or money.
- No glass items or live animals are to be brought inside the school campus.
- Students are forbidden to bring crackers, colour powders, any sharp items, any dangerous articles, obscene books, pictures or CDs, prohibited drugs, tobacco products, mobile phones, cameras, personal radios, CD players, or other such devices.
- The students are themselves responsible for the safe custody of their books and belongings.
- The students are not supposed to loiter around or run and play in the classrooms or corridors, before the school starts or during the class hours. If the student is not found in the class during a class hour, he cannot enter the next class without the permission of the Principal.
- The classrooms and all service rooms are to be kept neat and tidy and every student is responsible for the cleanliness of the school.
- Students have to maintain discipline during break time. They have to stand in queue to use the toilet and to drink water.
- Damaging the school property will be taken seriously and the student/s concerned will be fined appropriately.
- Any damage noticed by any student should be immediately reported to the Principal.
- Students are not allowed to eat, drink, chew gum or use any prohibited substance inside the classroom and during the class.
- Flowers and leaves should not be plucked and the paths and the trees, plants and lawns should not be damaged.
- Papers or polythene bags should not be thrown in or around the campus. They should be carefully disposed of in the trash bins kept for that purpose.
- Students should address the teachers and other staff members with respect. Insubordination or disrespect to any staff will not be tolerated.
- The students need to speak well of and uphold the school at all times. They should bring good name to the school by their character and behavior in and outside the school.
- Students may converse in a normal manner; but loud, profane, or obscene language or gestures, rough behavior, sexual harassment, fighting etc. will not be permitted. Disciplinary action will be taken against the students involved.
- Students are expected to exercise proper conduct during the exams, tests or special events. Any student found resorting to unfair means would be suspended. Repetitions of the same will result in dismissal.
- Any student found tampering with marks on Progress Report cards and/or other school certificates will be asked to leave the school.
- Late comers and absentees must enter their late-for-school record in the diary, to be signed by the parents and teachers respectively.
- In case of long leave, prior written permission of the Principal must be obtained. In case of illness, a medical certificate must be submitted within three days of absence.
- Twenty one consecutive days of absence without information will result in removal of name from the registers.
- Students of any class are expected to have minimum 75% of attendance to sit for the annual examination. Any condonation of shortage of attendance will be considered only as per the rules and regulations stipulated by the Delhi Directorate of Education.
- Students of Class X and XII are expected by the CBSE to have minimum 75% of attendance to sit for the Board conducted examination.
- Freeship students or students getting any concession are expected to show consistency in good academic performance and character.
- Irregular attendance, habitual idleness, neglect of homework, etc. will be dealt with severely.
- The Principal can suspend the students concerned for acts of or possession of
a. Verbal or physical threat and abuse and / or physical attack on staff or students.
b. Sexual abuse of /advances to self / others
c. Arson/fire/ theft
d. Cause damage to school fittings or property
e. Take digital pictures/photos
f. Dangerous weapons
g. Controlled dangerous substances, drugs, tobacco products, alcohol, inhalants or other intoxicants
h. Portable communication devices
i. Obscene CDs / magazines/ pictures
j. Cameras/ video cameras or other such devices